Posts Tagged smartstack
Technical marketing engineer Michael McLaughlin describes the VDI reference architecture recently announced by Cisco, VMware, and Nimble Storage that supports 1,000 virtual desktops with only 3U of storage. The architecture uses Cisco UCS blade servers, VMware View, and VMware vSphere to provide a tested and preconfigured architecture for organizations looking to reduce their risk when deploying a VDI solution.
Mike McLaughlin, Nimble Storage Technical Marketing, whiteboards the joint Cisco UCS, Nimble Storage CS-Series and VMware View solution for a 1,000 seat virtual desktop deployment.
Radhika Krishnan, Nimble Storage Head of Solutions and Alliances, talks with Ashok Rajagopalan, Cisco Senior Product Manager Data Center Group, about the challenges of deploying VDI and the benefit of deploying a reference architecture using Cisco UCS server platform, Nimble Storage CS-Series arrays, and VMware View.
Radhika Krishnan, Nimble Storage Head of Solutions and Alliances, talks with Courtney Burry, VMware Director of Product Marketing, about recently announced joint solutions, including:
1. Mobile Secure Desktop (MSD)
2. Branch Office Desktop (BOD)
3. Validated 1,000 seat VDI reference architecture
This is from Suresh, Nimble Storage CEO
Today, we are proud and excited to announce the Nimble SmartStack. The first SmartStack offering is targeted at VDI workloads, working closely with VMware and Cisco to produce an integrated solution that has been tested for interoperability, performance and fast deployment, and has been endorsed by all three companies. Several months ago, we announced the certification of our storage platform as part of the VMware rapid desktop program. Today, we are proud to be among a small number of storage platforms that are UCS certified. There are three major benefits from the SmartStack solution:
- Economically-Viable, Converged Infrastructure Solution for Mid-Sized Enterprises. Nimble was able to bring dramatic economic benefits through substantially higher performance, lower cost of capacity, dramatically better business continuity and operational simplicity to a mid-sized Enterprise – customers that were otherwise unable to deploy VDI projects because the cost of a pre-integrated converged infrastructure stack was prohibitively expensive.
- Best-of-Breed Flash-Optimized Storage, Available as Converged Infrastructure. The Nimble architecture is unparalleled in its ability to leverage flash for high performance along with low-cost HDDs for low cost of capacity. What further distinguishes our approach and makes us particularly well suited for workloads such as VDI is that our scale-to-fit architecture (see white paper ») allows us to be extremely flexible – we can increase the ratio of flash within our system when workloads such as VDI need higher performance or lower the ratio of flash when workload such as file services need greater capacity – thus spanning an extremely broad range of workloads.
- Channel Leverage. Over the last two years, we have built a rapidly growing base of over 300 channel partners, most of whom were already Cisco partners and VMware partners. Our SmartStack approach allows us to leverage that synergy and rapidly bring the solution to market.
Cisco, Nimble Storage, VMware Deliver Reference Architecture for Powerful, Low-Cost VDI Implementations
Introducing Nimble Storage SmartStack Solutions for VDI.
Cisco, Nimble Storage and VMware have released a 1,000 seat VDI reference architecture using Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers, Nimble Storage CS-Series and VMware View 5.1. Learn how you can benefit from:
- Efficient infrastructure and adaptive performance
- Rapid provisioning and linear scalability
- Simplified management and lower risk