Posts Tagged customer blog
When traditional spinning disk arrays came up short on performance for its virtual desktop infrastructure, Minneapolis-based law firm Lindquist & Vennum switched to a hybrid array from Nimble Storage Inc.
The Nimble Storage hybrid array’s solid-state drives (SSDs) provide enough performance for the company’s 350 persistent virtual desktops, as well as other applications.
The hybrid storage array has performed so well that, in addition to the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), it handles almost all of the law firm’s business-application servers and its Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone system, the firm’s systems engineer Derek Schostag said.
Today in a packed out Flash Storage Lab session at IP EXPO London 2012, 20-site UK food processing giant Tulip Ltd exclusively told seminar attendees, why they deployed Nimble’s flash-optimised storage solution across their national business.
Wayne Fairhurst, IT Infrastructure Services Manager at Tulip Ltd, took centre stage in the Flash Lab this morning, speaking on behalf of Response Data Communications, as our customer for over 4 years, and Nimble Storage, showing the results they’ve experienced since benchmarking Nimble’s solution against their existing provider Equallogic….
From Rick’s, @RickRByrne, post:
In my last post related to NimbleStorage it was more focused on the Company, and products they offer. However I did note that I would take a few moments to document the UI and how easy it is to manage. In this post I am going to go over the UI and the different features contained within it….
Read more here….
Rick, @RickRByrne, took the time to share his experience with Nimble Storage.
A couple great highlights:
- “we have the Nimble Array up and running in about 30 Minutes and ready to add some VM’s to it!”
- “we seen MAX IOPS at just over 18K!!”
- “The total capacity of these servers were about 8 TB’s yet I am only using 4.2 TB’s, almost a 50% increase in capacity, while also keeping 60 Days of 1 Hour Snapshots on the Array, reducing my RPO, and RTO.”
- “I have had no issues with Support, so far it has been amazing. Now.. I haven’t had any major issues, but anything that did come up they were alerting me before I had the time to even look.”
- “Do I regret going with NimbleStorage, not one little bit, I am the system administrator who has to wear many hats, with Nimble I wear the storage hat, but I don’t have to put it on very much because it just works.”
Read Rick’s very detailed post here: