Posts Tagged bpg
This 24-page best practices guide goes in depth into critical design considerations and best practices for running vSphere 5 on Nimble Storage.
If you want to take advantage of the built-in features such as vSphere HA, DRS, vMotion, Storage vMotion, shared storage is a requirement. Therefore storage planning and architectural design become imperative for the successful deployment of a solid foundational architecture that provides Infrastructure as a Service.
- Inline Compression: Reduce storage footprint on physical disks by 50-70%.
- Thin Provisioning: Efficiently store actual data written rather than reserved space.
- Snapshot Backups: Instant point-in-time backup that eliminates the backup window.
- Zero-Copy Cloning: Pre-emptive deduplication to eliminate storage footprint of repetitive data.
- WAN-Optimized Replication: Dramatically reduces bandwidth required for disaster recovery.